Friday, July 24, 2009

Mommy Issues

The other day I was on the phone with my mother, explaining to her that I was going to see a movie that night. "Which movie?" she asked. "Bruno," I responded. "Never heard of it," She replied. I immediately became frustrated as to how someone who is living in North America and exposed to even the smallest bit of media could have not heard of Bruno. They pimped the shit out of that movie all over the God damned place. And why even ask what movie I'm going to see if there's a 98% chance that you will not have heard of whatever title is about to come out of my mouth, right? Argh! So I just sighed heavily and said 'WellI don't know how that is possible, but whatever." (Sidenote: this is why I don't think I want kids, cause if I have a daughter who's a sassy little bitch like me, I will slap her face. Daily) Anyway, as annoyed as I was at my mother for having the audacity to not be up on pop culture, I gotta say I'd take that any day over this...


Here are some ladies at the Twilight press conference at Comic-Con. Grown ass women losing their shit and lady jizzing in their pants over some teenaged vampire bullshit? Really? Ugh.  These ladies remind me of the Amy Poehler character in Mean Girls.

Remember her? I'm not like a regular mom girls, I'm a cool mom! Yeah, I'll pass.  I'll take my ridiculously out-of-touch mother over this, thanks.

1 comment:

Shenannygans said...

The only thing actually worse than Twilight itself, is that!