Monday, September 27, 2010

"We Just Wanna Dance Again!"

Justin Timberlake at the NYC premiere of The Social Network

Did you see SNL this weekend? Katy Perry pretty much shat the bed and made a real case for the merits of lip syncing but also, my love, Justin Timberlake made a couple of cameo appearances. First, in a dream sequence in the opening monologue and then in a sketch called Actor II Actor in which Andy Samberg played a James Lipton-like character interviewing JT about his acting career. His first question? "When are you going to make some more music?" and as Justin storms off he pleads "We just wanna dance again!"

Word.

Andy Samberg pretty much said what we've all been thinking, right? We get it, JT. You wanna be a jack of all trades, you're a clothing designer, you've got a fragrance, you own a restaurant, I think you opened a golf course or some shit like that, yeah, I get it, you're an overachiever. If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate your ass. Howevs, it's time to return to your roots, and I don't mean your big blonde jew fro, I mean it's time to get your ass back in the studio and make some more music! A full album, not more collabos with Rihanna, Ciara and Timbo, I want at least ten tracks of JT and I want them right fucking now! FutureSexLoveSounds was a long time ago. Four years to be exact. A lot has happened in four years. Do you know that when most people hear "Justin" now, they immediately think of Bieber? He's a fetus! That shit ain't right, JT. It must be remedied!

A quick glance at your imdb page tells me that after this Facebook flick of yours, you've got a couple more movies on the go, Bad Teacher and Friends With Benefits. Since those are already in the can, I'll grant you those but after that, NO MORE MOVIES until you finish another album. That is an order!

Remember Justin, we just wanna dance again!