Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Undercover MotherLover

It's Mr. JT is all up under them shades, toque and sweatshirt walking the streets of NYC. Even in this Unabomber-inspired ensemble, he could still be the syrup, I could be his waffle. Straight up! I wanna break it off, show him how much he really means.....


It's Thursday and I'm still obsessed with MotherLover. Has it rocked your world like it has mine? I can't get the song out of my head, it's constantly playing on a loop in my tiny, little brain.

Apparently it was JT's idea to revisit the dudes from Dick in a Box. I'm not gonna lie, when they walked out of the Brooklyn Detention Centre, I experienced what could only be described as an emotional roller coaster. I was elated at first but my elation quickly turned to fear, fear that they would not be able to capture the magic, the wonder, the beauty of Dick in a Box...


For you see, Dick in a Box revolutionized my world. I still remember when I saw it for the first time, on a cold Sunday's morn in December, just days before Christmas. I had a Christmas party the night before, made a turkey dinner and all the trimmings for 25 people which then turned into a dance party which ended with me passing out in a vodka haze, wrapped in my former father-in-law's full-length fur coat. It happens.

Because my love, JT was hosting SNL, I knew to record the fuck outta that shit. After waking from my vodka nap on that Sunday morning, I fired up the PVR and much like a child eagerly approaches a batch of presents under the tree, I eagerly anticipated the sexy comedy delights that surely awaited me. Little did I know that my world was about to change on that Sunday morning. That's when Dick in Box entered my world, and frankly, my heart.

Thankfully, whatever fear I had that JT and Samberg would not be able to duplicate the genuis of DIAB was washed away with the following sentence "I'm a motherlover, you're a motherlover, we should fuck each other's mothers, fuck each other's moms." As soon as I heard that, I knew it was all going to be okay.

Click below to relive the magic and the glory of MotherLover. Mucho gracias to Linda for hooking my ass up with a link that hasn't been yanked down yet by the Nazi Broadcasting Corporation commonly known as NBC.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x98xd2_justin-timberlake-m

And click here to relive how it all began, the wonder, the majesty, the artistry of Dick in a Box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg&feature=PlayList&p=18FABBFC3CEB4494&index=0&playnext=1



1 comment:

prettystar said...

Hold up, you thinking what I'm thinking? I'm thinking I think it too.
Slow up, what time is it dawg? It's time for a switcheroo.
You are not alone. If liking this too much is wrong, I don`t wanna be right!