Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bono & The Edge Have Spidey Senses


As you may/may not know, Paul Hewson and David Evans from U2 are composing the lyrics and music for the upcoming Spiderman music Turn Off The Dark which debuts on Braodway in February of next year.

The Edge says the guys were drawn to the project because they see similarities between themselves and Peter Parker saying, "Every rock and roll star probably started out as the geek who got bullied in school and eventually their form of revenge was to write songs or learn to play guitar." Click below to watch the interview with Bono and The Edge:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKouxN7SaUM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erollingstone%2Ecom%2Frockdaily%2Findex%2Ephp%2F2009%2F06%2F10%2Fu2s%2Dbono%2Dand%2Dthe%2Dedge%2Dtalk%2Dspider%2Dman%2Dmusical%2F&feature=player_embedded

This isn't their first foray into the comic superhero world, remember the song they contributed to the Batman Forever soundtrack, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me? Still love that song. And the video. Click here to stroll down memory lane - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGFU1E5HZ6c

Turn Off The Dark opens on Broadway on February 18th, tickets go on sale September 12th. 


Confession time: I've never seen any of the Spiderman films. Not one. I'm told they are good, particularly the second one but I just can't do it. I cannot get past my totally irrational dislike of Tobey Maguire. I just can't buy him as a superhero, even one who's supposed to be on the nerdy side. Tobey's face just looks so...Down Syndromey, ya know? I call him Corky Maguire. Oh, and if you're wondering, yes I am going to hell and I'm pretty okay with that. See ya there!

No comments: