Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Fly Has Left Zoo Station But It's Not the End of the World


Here's Bono on the beach in St. Barts.

Le sigh.

There was a time when I would have been dancing barefoot in broken glass for the chance to ride his wild horses.  And don't get me wrong, I'd still let him hold me, thrill me kiss me, kill me. My everlasting love for him dates back almost 18 years (fuck I'm old) and when you've invested that much time, you don't just walk on when love comes to town. But now my spanish eyes would probably have to be staring at the sun the whole time. It's not that time has been so cruel to Mr. Hewson, it's just that he just looks like your average, every day white guy dad on the beach. Which is cool, I mean the dude turns 49 on May 10th (sadly I knew that without looking it up) but I miss The Fly, I miss Macphisto, I miss Mirror Ball Man, they were even better than the real thing. 

Time to get into the DeLorean, fire the flux capacitor up to 88 and head back to 1991. Click below for the video for one of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite albums. Also one of my favourite of Bono's many looks. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Obviously I'd hit it. Again and again and again.