Monday, April 20, 2009

Mr. Jonze and Me

Awwww. Here's Spike Jonze with Michelle Williams and her daughter Matilda.
an effective way to melt my cold ice block of a heart is to show me a picture of a cute kid sitting on its dad's shoulders. Or in this case, dad-like figure since Matilda Ledger's actual dad peaced out more than a year ago and having her on his shoulders would just be more creepy than cute. Although with possible comedy potential -Weekend at Heath's anyone? Remember Weekend at Bernie's? I can't believe there was a sequel to that crapfest. Hi, it's called rigor mortis and decomposition and that shit starts to set in within hours. I watch Law & Order, I know these things!

Anyway, Spike Jonze has been a busy guy as of late. He's directed a film adaptation of the popular children's book Where the Wild Things Are which is set for release in October. The trailer started making the rounds about two weeks ago. Click below if you haven't already seen it. It features the wicked Arcade Fire song Wake Up and if you listen closely you'll catch Tony Soprano voicing one of the monsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM&feature=related

Spike, who is responsible for some of the greatest music videos ever, is also teaming up again with Kanye West for the video for his song See You In My Nightmares. The guys say it will be more like a short film than a video. I expect nothing less from the self-described VOICE OF A GENERATION. We'd all be SQUID BRAINS to expect anything less. The collabo marks the second time Kanye and Spike have teamed up. Jonze directed the Flashing Lights video from Kanye's previous album. Click below for a refresher. Beating the fuck out of someone with a shovel has never looked so sexy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEccxPPwXmI

2 comments:

travis_faceoff said...

I too am not pro kid. But I am def pro kid on hot dad or even hot dad wearing kid baby bjorn style. If only they made those for adults...of course I would want to face said hot dad while in said bjorn. Let the dirty dreams begin.

Shenannygans said...

Your dissing of Weekend at Bernie's greatly offends me...I think Weekend at the Joker's would be a nice, albeit creepy end to a rigor mortis trilogy.