Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bono Jovi


Here's Bill Clinton and Bono Jovi at something called the "Can Do Awards" in NYC.

It's weird seeing your childhood and teenaged crushes get older before your eyes. I wanted nothing more than to be Mrs. Bon Jovi when I was in grade six. Faced with the knowledge this wasn't going to happen, I instead married my fellow classmate Patrick Fey in a schoolyard ceremony. It didn't last the year. This would not be the last wrong trip down the aisle I would take. That schoolyard shit is a fuck of a lot easier to undo though. Trust.

As for Mr. Hewson, all I can say is bitch better BRING IT when U2 plays the Rogers Centre in Toronto in September because I was brutally raped by Ticketbastard for my ticket. I have a wicked seat but that shit did not come cheap.

Speaking of concerts and coming. If there are spelling mistakes up in here, blame the Followill brother cousins because I am still reeling from the sex bomb that was last night's Kings of Leon show...



Amazing show. From the beginning riffs of Crawl to Caleb's wildcat screams in Charmer until the final notes of Black Thumbnail, the boys were relentless. By the time they got to Knocked Up in the encore, I'm pretty sure I was. And you know what? I'm going papa don't preach on this shit and keepin' mah baby.

If you live in Vancouver, Edmonton or my old stomping grounds of Calgary, KOL is headed your way this summer. Tickets go on sale this week! Go Nike on this one and JUST DO IT.

2 comments:

prettystar said...

JOVI PUNCH!

Unknown said...

I will not be attending KOL.
Just for the record....