Monday, January 12, 2009

Christina Applegate


I think Christina Applegate's dress was my favourite of the night. I love the corset top and the flowing bottom but most of all, I love the colour. I love when people wear colour, particularly when blondes wear yellow. As a fellow blonde, I'm partial to yellow and don't think blondes wear enough of it, it's flattering. Except for this one time, I had to wear a yellow bridesmaid dress in a dear friend's wedding. My friend was super cool and chose the material but let us pick our own dress patterns. Awesome, right? Yeah, not so much.

I had just moved to a new city and didn't know any dressmakers. The Ukrainian seamstress I chose randomly out of the phonebook really could have worked for Mountain Equipment Co-op because she made me a fucking two-man tent! I could have been eight months pregnant and still worn that shit with room for a sleeping bag, air mattress and cooler in there! I was so uncomfortable and self-conscious all night and hoped I didn't ruin my friend's wedding pictures with my tentdress.

Anyway, back to Christina Applegate, Kelly Bundy grew up nice.

No comments: