Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globes



Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I'm an awards show junkie so I most certainly did. I know awards shows are lame and basically no more than a circle jerk of rich people congratulating each other but I can't help it. I'm not a sports fan so these awards shows are like my playoffs. The Golden Globes are the second biggest awards show to the Super Bowl of award shows, the Academy Awards. But at the Globes, they serve booze which is awesome.

Favourite moments of the night?

Colin Farrell making a cocaine joke while presenting then appearing to be on said substance during his acceptance speech.

Mickey Rourke and his busted face using the word 'balls' about a dozen times during his acceptance speech and then thanking his dogs! Awwww.

Tracy Morgan's awesome acceptance speech. "Deal with it Cate Blanchett"

Tina Fey telling people to "suck it" in her speech.

Barely anybody in that tight ass, self-important audience finding Sasha Baron Cohen's remarks funny. It was awkward, which was awesome.

Steven Spielberg droning on and on while accepting the Cecil B. Demille award. Jesus Christ, that shit was longer than Schindler's List and more lame than A.I. Something about a train set? Bla, bla bla, I don't know I got drunk, sobered up, got drunk again and he was still blathering on like a old grandpa.

Kate Winslet winning not one, but two awards! And when she accepted her second, forgetting Angelina Jolie was a fellow nominee, calling her "the other one" instead. Heh. Angelina had a look on her face that said "I will kill your British ass" much like the way Ivan Drago looked at Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV as he said "I must break you." I love that movie!

But what everyone is talking about today is what everyone was wearing. Scroll down for fashion hits and misses.

No comments: