Thursday, January 22, 2009

DAMN!!! THE OSCARS ARE SOME BENJAMIN BUTTON'S SHIT!!!



I will forever be thankful to the Louis Vuitton Don himself, Mr. Kanye West for introducing the phrase DAMN!!! THIS IS SOME BENJAMIN BUTTON'S SHIT!!!! into my lexicon. The Oscar noms are out and that BENJAMIN BUTTON'S SHIT scored the most nods with 13. Here's how the main categories breakdown;




BEST PICTURE
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
"Frost/Nixon"
"Milk"
"The Reader"
"Slumdog Millionaire"

BEST ACTOR
Richard Jenkins, "The Visitor"
Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"
Sean Penn, "Milk"
Brad Pitt, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler"

BEST ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"
Angelina Jolie, "Changeling"
Melissa Leo, "Frozen River"
Meryl Streep, "Doubt"
Kate Winslet, "The Reader"

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin, "Milk"
Robert Downey Jr., "Tropic Thunder"
Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Doubt"
Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
Michael Shannon, "Revolutionary Road"

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams, "Doubt"
Penelope Cruz, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
Viola Davis, "Doubt"
Taraji P. Henson, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Marisa Tomei, "The Wrestler"

DIRECTOR
David Fincher, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Ron Howard, "Frost/Nixon"
Gus Van Sant, "Milk"
Stephen Daldry, "The Reader"
Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire"

Things that make me go Hmmmmmm..... (haha remember The Arsenio Hall show? Shit, I loved that show)



Revolutionary Road was pretty much shut out other than a nomination for the guy who played Kathy Bates awesomely crazy son. Maybe the Academy voters all offed themselves after watching it? I know I wanted to. Good movie but as Kanye would say, DAMN!!!! THAT WAS SOME DEPRESSING SHIT!!!!! Made me feel totally cool about not being married anymore though.



How much do I looooove that Robert Downey Junior got nominated for Tropic Thunder? "I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude." I can't wait to see him all suited up on the red carpet. This bitch is 'fine wining it' which is to say he is getting better with age.



Too bad my RDJ is probably gonna lose out to Heath Ledger. I ain't hatin' though, he was wicked awesome in The Dark Knight, scared the crap out of me. Plus, I think actually dying might make you a sure thing to grab an Oscar, like even more so than playing a retard. Or gay. Or British. Shit, could you imagine the awards if someone died after playing a retarded gay with a British accent?


Speaking of Mr. Ledger, grab your 40 and pour some of that shit on sidewalk today in honour of him. It was a year ago today that Heath peaced outta here.


I can't wait to hear the shout out Mickey Rooney's dogs are gonna get if he wins. I still love him for thanking his canine friends during his Golden Globe speech. And for using the word 'balls' like a dozen times.


And of course, the Prom King and Queen are each nominated. Hopefully Angelina won't be wearing something from the Dorothy Zbornak collection like she did for the Golden Globes.


Wolverine is hosting the Oscars this year which go down on February 22nd. I see a Billy Crystalesque song and dance number in our future. I personally loved when Chris Rock and Jon Stewart hosted that shit but they didn't seem to go over too well. I think Ricky Gervais needs to be next.

1 comment:

Tananfran said...

I second the retarded gay with a British accent brilliance.