Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DAMN!!!! THIS IS SOME ANDY KAUFMAN SHIT!!1!!!



So you know how Joaquin Phoenix has lost his fucking mind and decided to quit acting to pursue a new career as a rapper? And you know how his brother-in-law, the Boston hotness that is Casey Affleck is documenting all this fuckery for a so-called documentary profiling Joaquin's foray into rap/descent into madness? Remember know how he performed his raps in Vegas looking like a homeless mess and fell off the stage? (half-assed if you ask me, my friend Robyn fell off a stage in Cabo and broke her face, that's commitment)




Anyway, it seems these dudes may be in cahoots and pulling some Andy Kaufman-style shenanigans on our asses. In short, they are fucking with us. Apparently some friends of Joaquin say that like Transformers, there's more than meets the eye about this rap business. A source who claims to know Joaquin told Entertainment Weekly that Joaquin told him 'It's a put-on. I'm going to pretend to have a meltdown and change careers, and Casey is going to film it.'"

Entertainment Weekly says Joaquin's intent is to "lampoon pompous actors and punk the media that covers them."

Hmm...doesn't putting so much effort into this elaborate ruse to skew pompous actors and teach the media a lesson, actually make Joaquin one of the pompous actors he's targeting? Ugh. I hate these 'I'm far superior to you now let me show you why with this artsy vanity bullshit project of mine that you won't understand because you're clearly beneath me' Hollywood douchebags. I liked this batshit trickery much better when I thought Joaquin hopped aboard the crazy train and was on the fast track to the big pharmacy in the sky and Casey was filming this shit for the inevitable intervention. I'm still holding out hope.

No comments: