Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love You, Movie


Did you see I Love You, Man this past weekend? Did you love it? A true bromantic comedy (bromcom) How adorable was The Rudd? Sooo painfully, dorkily awkward and loveable! Slappin' the bass! Totes Magotes! Jobin! Latres on the menges! I went fucking Grinch in the theatre which is to say my cold, black heart grew three sizes watching it. Now I understand how Jack Nicholson felt in As Good as it Gets, Paul Rudd makes me want to be a better woman. I mean, I won't do it but he makes me want to anyway.

I Love You, Man is the number two movie in North America, behind Knowing starring Nicolas Cage (sidenote; who the fuck dropped their benjamins on that shit? Come on people, we're in a recession!) Anyway, I Love You, Man's performance at the box office means Paul Rudd is finally a movie star after years of playing sidekicks and second bananas. I'm conflicted about this development because, as a devoted decade-long Rudd enthusiast, I feel like I'm losing him and will now have to share him with the world. I'm not ready to let go, selfishly I want to keep him all to myself. Yes, I have put way too much time into thinking about Paul Rudd, his career and my love for him.

If you've not yet been converted by Paul Rudd, watch this fascinating, layered and insightful interview with him and Jason Segel where they discuss bromance, farts and tight ass holes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNgq-UiH_8&eurl=http://videogum.com/archives/interviews/paul-rudd-and-jason-segal-are_059251.html

I think this post is a good excuse to use this picture again, yes? Why, hello there!

1 comment:

nutmeg said...

I have loved Paul Rudd since his days as Crapbag on Friends. The movie was great! I thought of you when your favorite picture was used on the billboard. How great would it be to drive down the street and see that!