Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I've Already Lost Jerry, I Can't Lose You Too!!!!!



File this under; not awesome. Mariska Hargitay aka Detective Olivia Benson of New York City Police Department's Special Victim's Unit is in the hospital again. Detective Benson is suffering from chest pains. She suffered a collapsed lung in a skiing accident earlier this year and apparently hasn't totally recovered. Olivia probably went back to work at the precinct too soon. She's dedicated like that.



I do not like this news because I love Detective Benson. She's soft spoken and comforting with victims but will also kick a pervy perp's ass! I also love her hot ass partner (and former Daily Male) Detective Elliot Stabler. Stabler's got a temper, he's got four kids at home and it's hard not to take some of this sick shit personally. Together they are the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies, they're members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
I almost want to get raped just so I can work with them on my case.

But as much as I love my detectives from SVU, my heart will always belong to the dearly departed Detective Lennie Briscoe played to perfection by Jerry Orbach.



Briscoe was old school, a grizzled old vet who's seen and done it all and was always ready with a zinger one-liner. Jerry Orbach was so amazing as Briscoe that I was able to forgive him for trying to put Baby in a corner. Because we all know, NOBODY puts Baby in a corner!

Several years ago, two girlfriends and I were discussing the many merits of Orbach, I was trying to sum up his appeal and I explained to them "I don't know, I just trust Jerry Orbach, ya know?" Then, imagine my delight when on Christmas morning of that year I opened their gift to find a shirt with Jerry Orbach's trusting face on the front and the words "I TRUST JERRY ORBACH" on the back. A Christmas miracle as my friend Christopher Fowler would say.

Jerry Orbach died three days after I received that shirt. Not so miracle-y.

If you girls are reading this, please do not send me a shirt with Mariska Hargitay's comforting face on the front and the words 'I ALMOST WANT TO GET RAPED JUST SO I CAN WORK WITH HER ON MY CASE' on the back.

I've already lost Jerry, I can't lose her too. Please and thank you.

2 comments:

Shenannygans said...

Shoot, cancel that order!!! How about a shirt that says Mariska, let's have tea...?

Shenannygans said...

Give me Mariska Hargitay or give me death!