Monday, March 2, 2009

You Can Be My Hero, Mickey

With the frenzy of Oscar season officially winding down, I am starting to go through Mickey Rourke withdrawal. I have the shakes, I'm irritable, I'm covered in sweat one moment, then suffering chills the next and nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling. Is there some kind of Mickey Rourke methadone clinic into which my ass can check?

I was having a particular rough day today when a text from my friend Tara offered me my fix. Tara reminded me that My Mickey is in the video for the Enrique Iglesias song, Hero. I had totally forgotten!



Mickey's mangled mug makes its glorious debut at the 1:30 mark. Then, at the 3:18 mark, Enrique has the audacity and misplaced testicular fortitude to slug Mickey! WTF? Crazy! Clearly, Enrique is unaware of Mickey's four years of professional boxing! Sure, it left him with a busted face that only a mother and a dirty blonde could love but it also left him with a pretty fucking powerful punch. And young Iglesias learned that pretty quickly. Enrique didn't have that mole of his surgically-removed, Mickey punched that thing right off his face!



Copy and paste this shit below to watch Mickey's magical performance, it almost makes up for the fact that Jennifer Love Hewitt is also in the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klWluYoa0_8

No comments: