Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mika Makes it Better



I have many hopes and dreams for 2009. I hope the economy gets back on track, Canadian soldiers stop dying in Afghanistan, Kanye West's CAPS LOCK key remains in tact, doctors start recommending eight glasses of vodka a day, the list goes on.

Also on my list is a new album from Mika. His first album, Life in Cartoon Motion was one of my favourites of 2007, I could not get enough of Mika's sugary sweet catchy pop jams, they could even turn my day around. There were moments during 2007 when I seriously wanted to go "Greyhound bus" on a few people (which is strange because the Greyhound beheading didn't happen until 2008) but I believe Mika's music stopped me. I could be in the most heinous, homicidal of moods and then Grace Kelly, Love Today or Big Girl (You are Beautiful) would come on my Ipod and suddenly instead of sharpening a large kitchen knife while plotting revenge strategies, I was riding a rainbow-coloured unicorn through cotton candy clouds. I wanted to wear brightly-coloured clothes and dance in formation with strangers through cobblestone streets made of chocolate chip cookies before we all held hands and sang a rousing rendition of Kumbaya.

"I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple I could be anything you like..."

Seriously, you can't hear that song and still want to kill someone! I know Mika has been working on material for his followup album but I can't find a release date. Please, please let this album come out this year! Mika saves lives!


No comments: