Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys



I am an awards show junkie so of course my ass turned into the Grammy awards last night. Although they should really be called the Granny Awards because what the fuck was with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss winning album of the year? Over Coldplay? Over Radiohead? Really? And why the hell was Stevie Wonder performing with the Jonas Brothers? Have some respect for yourself, Stevie! I know you're blind but you're not deaf too are you?

Below are other random thoughts about the Grannies.


I was on my way home from a weekend road trip so unfortunately I missed my boys from Dublin. I love U2 but I'm not overly devastated about missing their performance. I keep trying to like their new song but when I hear it, I just want to 'get on my boots' and walk out the door. I'm sorry Robyn and Tara, I'm trying!!!!!


How awesome was Radiohead with the University of Southern California's marching band? Seriously!


Jordin Sparks was nominated for her song No Air featuring Chris Brown. No air is apparently what Chris Brown's girlfriends get when he's got his hands around their throats.


JT + TI = Jizz in my pants. Although TI has really got to lose that stupid cap of his. His pants, too.

2 comments:

denise | ashley said...

Hello! I'm wonderfully in love with your blog! Thanks for the hot boy pics and le gossip. I'll be checking back often for sure!

Wondering...as much as I agree that Coldplay and Radiohead were my favorite albums of the year (along with canadian boys 'The Stills'), I still have to think that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss did a great job on their album as well. I will give you this though, he is old. Very old. Face melting old. perhaps I'm still too in love with young zeppelin days Robert Plant, but I say kudos!

I saw Radiohead this summer in Chicago. if you ever get the chance, Thom Yorke is even better in person!

Thanks again and keep up the great job!

Unknown said...

Dude. I'm gonna come over there and lay a Chris Brown on ya pretty soon. The 'Boots' is going to be FAN-fucking-TASTIC live! I stand by this declaration.
Also, I preferred the Justin / Reverend. Radiohead was better than they have been in like a decade I guess and that Plant/Krauss album is REALLY good. Yes he's old but let's face it, that's what the Grammys do. We know this when we tune in every year....
That's all for now....but I'll be back