Friday, February 27, 2009

Hey Mickey You WERE so Fine, You WERE so Fine it Blows My Mind.



Ah, Mickey and Loki, a love affair for the ages, like Bogi and Bacall, Tracy and Hepburn before them. One single tear slides down my face....

As has been well-documented, I'm obsessed with everything Mickey Rourke. I want to be friends with his crazy ass and busted face and I'm not even being facetious. I know Mickey and I will have some pretty legendary adventures together that would likely involve an arrest, burying a body or doctering fake passports, or possibly all three, and that that's just in one night. But now that the hoopla of the Oscars has died down, I am worried I'm not going to get my regular Mickey fix (until of course we eventually settle in Miami with our respective exquisitely-attired animals, glorious shoe collections and memories of wilder days) I know that Mickey isn't nice to look at, in fact a few years ago my friend Alex and I were in New York covering the Tribeca film festival and we saw some bloated, dishelved, crazy-looking mess of a man and I started screaming "Mickey! Mickey!"

It was not in fact, Mickey Rourke.



You can see how I might have been mistaken.

But as my friend Kyla reminded me yesterday, Mickey hasn't always been busted. In fact, there was a time when, before the years of boxing took its toll on his mug, before the ghetto plastic surgery to fix said toll, when the Mickster was, if you can believe it, considered a hearthrob. I know bile just rose up into your throat, swallow it down and check out some Mickey Rourke of yesteryear. Hard to believe it's even the same person.







I have to admit I'd probably want to get with old school Mikey, he was quite a piece. But in all honesty, I prefer the busted, crazy, swigging-champs-from-the-bottle, sexually-harrassing, dog-loving, wacko Mickey. He seems like fun.




New York magazine appears equally fascinated with My Mickey as the fine folks there have compiled a photo slideshow called "Mickey Rourke's Face; A History" Cut and paste this shit below;

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/12/mickey_rourkes_face_a_history.html#photo=2

No comments: